So, 3+ years ago, I never knew what a "play area" was or how important it would become in my life as a parent. For those of you that do not have children, a play area is an extremely padded, fenced in, colorful space in a mall where kids come to run and jump off some steam (assuming they survive). These places are scary for a number of reasons, and yet, I find myself there often. 1.) Despite the obvious posted age and size limits, BIG kids love to take over the play area and often jump (usually unknowingly, or so I tell myself) on the toddlers below. Did I mention there are usually large, again soft, objects (e.g., hotdog in our old mall, or bumble bee, etc.) which are generally the jumping platforms. 2.) Given the high traffic area and bare foot requirement (you know where I'm going with this, especially those of you who fly often and walk through security monitors without shoes), the amount of germs present nauseates me (especially when I think of Gabe's hands on that floor...yuck!) And yet, as I said...I end up there often. Why is this you wonder? Again, for those of you that either don't have kids (or it has been a while and you have forgotten)...there are distinct advantages to these places that make them worth the drawbacks. 1.) It is a way to entice your child to go to the mall when you need to get some shopping done (i.g., "we won't go to the play area unless you are a good boy the whole time we shop") 2.) a good romp at the play area significantly increases the odds of a child falling asleep on the way home (almost always a good thing), and 3.) Could you ever deny your children of something that produces the smiles in these photos??? Enough said....long live the play area!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment