Wednesday, August 20, 2008
No Pics: just thoughts...
It has been a week...and it is only Wednesday (when I started this, now Thursday). I just read my sis-n-law's blog and one of my best friend from college's blog (both of whom also have 2 beautiful boys) and I was inspired to write. I sit here choked up. Like I said, it has been a week. My boys (all three of them) have made this past week tough for me (each in their own ways at different times). But today, I was painfully reminded about how fragile life on this earth really is. I don't know why God operates as He does, or in each circumstance why He allows us to feel pain, but I know and I trust that there is purpose in all things. Sometimes I'm glad I don't see the big picture. I think if I did, I wouldn't stop and enjoy the little things along the way (like a beautiful morning at the park with new friends). I might worry about the setbacks and the heartaches and forgot to be thankful for the smiles and hugs that I take for granted each day. I've been so busy yelling this week that I've forgotten to find the joy and humor that exude from my boys. In retrospect, I thought my boys made my week miserable, but looking back...I think I did a good job of that all by myself. It's all about perspective. It's just sad that sometimes it takes tragedy to restore it. My life is certainly not perfect, far from it!!! But, for some reason God has chosen to bless me immeasurably. And when I focus on that, my worst day seems pretty darn good!! B & L - We love you!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, Rebecca! I just found your blog from the Masts' link. I bookmarked it so I can keep up from afar. I agree with you about perspective...it is amazing how things can seem so bad & stressful, but how I can turn around the next second & see things differently. Tell everyone we said hi & thanks so much again! :) Jenn
Hey there friend, I was just able to catch up with all your posts...it's been too long. First, I want to say that is always good to read that someone else (a mom) has bad days out there. I'm not alone--yeah! Sometimes I feel like I'm on a battlefield--the funny thing is, the battle is only about a total of an hour, but man it can make my day feel horrible! So, you're right about perspective--I need some!! : ) Your little ones are soo beautiful--they are dolls. And you and Jon look happy as ever. I hope we get to see you all sometime---we will be in NC this coming Fall. Love you,Kari
Post a Comment