Capturing the Ins, Outs, Ups & Downs of this Family of 5!

Let love and faithfulness never leave you....
Proverbs 3:3

Friday, January 23, 2009

Life is Fragile

Hi Everyone,
Don't get excited. Still no pics to post. Getting closer though! :)
I just wanted to have another moment to reflect on this time in my life. In October, we buried my Grandpa Pittman (dad's dad). A week ago, we burried my Grandma (mom's mom). I know they are both in a better place, and I'm so thankful that the end of their lives were not spent in misery. But, I'm still sad...sadder than I would have anticipated for myself to feel. I know I'll see them again some day, and for that, I'm truly greatful. But, for now...I'm bummed. I scrolled through my contacts on my cell this morning looking for a number and saw "Grandma Henry." My eyes filled up as I realized I couldn't hit "TALK" anymore when I'm out on my walks and want to chat about nothing in particular (except the weather and my boys...those were our "staple conversation pieces"). It's funny...who knew I'd miss chatting about the weather? I'd like to be insightful or offer some great scripture to look on the bright side, but for now, for this moment, I'm still just sad.

2 comments:

3littleheels said...

I completely understand. I still miss going over to my grandma's just to stop in and chat and maybe have a bowl of ice cream. And that was many years ago before she had alzheimers and didn't remember who I was. But I still miss it!

The Mohrmanns said...

We need to chat soon....got your message...we went to AR for my birthday weekend. Still praying for you and your family. I know Grandma Henry & Grandpa Pittman are VERY proud of you and all you have accomplished. They will continue to watch over you & bless you and your boys! Love you my friend!